Friday, October 25, 2013

Back to life

I had seen on the list of topics, and i saw one that really interested me, patterns.  As i had worked with wood pattern before i had thought to make wood pattern into a sculpture, a newspaper sculpture.  This brought along the idea that paper comes from wood, not the other way around.  However, i had a chance to flip that statement.  I had taken newspaper and layered it on, not only flat, but in circles and ovals to give it the same shape of the wood grain.  Later i cut the sides off the newspapers to make a more solid block, which also portrayed the pattern better.  I used a block of wood as the base and top of the sculpture, these two pieces were stained to give a more uniform look to my project.  Although this was the first idea in my mind, i saw one of the sides of newspaper that looked like a great piece and chose not to throw it away.  I erected this piece over the top of the block, creating more movement, and a tree-like piece on top of my project.  All in all the hard work i put into this sculpture made a piece i was more than pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment